How did using a light to treat skin problems come about you might ask?
The funny thing is, it was actually NASA that was testing the technology out on plants trying to find out how they could grow them without using UV light from the sun.
They found the LED was the best option to grow plants on earth as well as in space.
This technology was quickly transferred to studies on how it can help our skin cells, the results were unreal.
LED treatment on the skin is not an over night fix but more of a gradual solution to many skin problems. A course of treatments are recommended.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
With the machine we have at Silver Sixpence Skin Clinic we have access to 4 different LED lights and their functions, we also have the option to mix and match your treatment with two different light therapies in one depending on your skins needs. Anti-aging, acne, pigmentation and sensitive skin are the main skin issues that we treat with the light.
- Improves circulation
- Helps with wound regeneration (great for before and after a Botox treatment or dermal needling. The red LED will help to soften the skin therefore less bruising will occur with Botox and fillers).
- Relieves pain on the skin
- Skin cell regeneration, the light stimulates your skin cells mitochondria (the power house/big dog that runs the cells system) stimulating this create collagen and elastin to reform.
- Antibacterial on the skin
- Wound regeneration
- Inhibits the sebaceous gland, preventing oil production
- Prevents infection
- Calms sensitive skin
- Calms the body and mind
- Treatment of pigmentation
- Improves erythema/redness on the skin